Your TV screen is one of the most important parts of your entertainment system. Whether watching your favorite movie, binge-watching a TV series, or playing video games, a clean screen ensures you get the best viewing experience. However, dust, fingerprints, and smudges can quickly accumulate on your TV screen, making it look dull and hazy. That’s why cleaning your TV screen regularly is essential to keep it looking its best. Learn how to clean a TV like a pro and get rid of those pesky smudges and streaks for a clearer, more vibrant display!
Tools You’ll Need to Clean Your TV Screen
Before you start cleaning your TV screen, you’ll need a few basic items:
A microfiber cloth: This is the best type for cleaning your TV screen, as it’s soft, lint-free, and won’t scratch the surface.
Distilled water: Do not use tap water, as it contains minerals that can leave streaks and marks on your TV screen. Distilled water is free of minerals, making it the best choice for cleaning your screen.
Isopropyl alcohol:This optional item can get rid of smudges and stains that don’t come off your TV screen easily. However, be careful not to use too much, as it can damage the screen.
How to Clean Your TV Screen
Turn off your TV: Before cleaning your TV screen, ensure it’s turned off and cool to the touch.
Remove any loose dust: Gently wipe the screen to remove any loose dust or debris with a dry microfiber cloth.
Dampen the cloth: Lightly dampen the microfiber cloth with distilled water. Avoid using too much water, as it can damage the screen.
Wipe the screen:
- Start at the top and wipe the screen gently with the damp cloth as you work your way down.
- Gently apply pressure in a circular motion.
- Avoid using cleaning solutions or sprays, as they can damage the screen.
Dry the screen: After wiping the screen with a damp cloth, use a dry microfiber cloth to remove any moisture and streaks.
Get rid of tough stains:
- Mix equal parts distilled water and isopropyl alcohol.
- Use this to clean your TV screen with a microfiber cloth.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe the screen carefully, then switch to a dry microfiber cloth to finish drying.
Tips for Keeping Your TV Screen Clean
- Avoid using paper towels or rough materials to clean your TV screen, as they can scratch the surface.
- Don’t use cleaning sprays or solutions that contain harsh chemicals, as they can damage the screen.
- Avoid spraying any liquids directly onto the screen. Instead, dampen the microfiber cloth and then wipe the screen.
- Clean your TV screen at least once a month to keep it looking its best.
- Think about hiring a professional cleaning service, like Premium Clean, to clean your whole house, including your TV screen.
Cleaning your TV screen is an easy thing to do that can make a big difference in how you enjoy watching. Following the above steps, you can keep your TV screen clean and clear.
Don’t use harsh chemicals or rough materials; clean your screen often to keep gunk from building up. If you’re looking for professional cleaning services in Melbourne, consider Premium Clean for deep cleaning your home, including your TV screen.